Sunday, September 20, 2015

My Donation Letter


My name is Kate Schiffman and my dream is to make a TV series for children about the aquatic world. I have a deep-rooted infatuation of the sea and specifically the Florida Keys that has been fostered throughout my life by Captain Victoria. Victoria has fondly remarked that I “grew up on her boat” because I was lucky enough to come to Key West year after year and take her wilderness adventure tours. This love I have for The Florida Keys manifested itself in the form of an idea last year: to record Captain Victoria's vast knowledge of her marine world and share her love of, affection for, and connection to the aquatic world of the Keys West by creating an educational series for children young and old.

Over two decades have passed since I spent my first summer with Captain Victoria. I am now a Montessori preschool teacher in Madison, Wisconsin. Recently, I have begun taking classes to complete a Marine Science degree, and in creating this television series, I will connect my passion for the sea with my love of educating.

Captain Victoria's connection to Key West's natural world is almost palpable and she delights in educating as many people as she can about her world and sharing her expertise. Individuals who charter her are left with both an understanding of the importance of the ocean's ecosystem and fondness for the plants, animals, and creatures that live there. My television series will recreate the wonderful, almost magical experiences Victoria shares on her charter boat tours and bring these experiences to a large audience. It is my hope that in sharing Victoria's life passion, children (and adults) will develop a lifelong bond with the ocean (as I have) and become caretakers and adventurers of the sea.
We are in the beginning stages of filming this series as an independent, grassroots venture on a shoestring budget. It is our vision that our pilot short film will evolve into a larger educational series exploring marine ocean life. We are hoping to raise over $3,000.00 before October so we can afford to make a pilot episode and trailer. Please consider donating to help make our dream a reality. Small and large donations alike are equally welcome. Donations can be given on Indiegogo under the name of Tidal Tales: Featuring Captain Victoria, or click the link below: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tidal-tales-featuring-captain-victoria--2#/story

Sincerely, 
Kate Schiffman

No comments:

Post a Comment